Join the Fox Valley Fastpitch Softball League!
Final Coaches Meeting is confirmed for Thursday March 21, 2019.
At the meeting we'll finalize league details, participating teams and scheduling
Donations are still being accepted:
Bring ready-to-eat Soup or Ramen donations for local Food Pantry
All donations go to Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry,
a non-profit, volunteer agency serving Fox Valley families in need
Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 7 PM
The Lodge at Laurelwood
800 N. River St in Batavia
rsvp to firstname.lastname@example.org
so we have a headcount for the meeting
Batavia Park District is organizing a travel fastpitch softball league for 12U and 14U in 2019. The goal of the Fox League is to give travel teams in the western suburbs an opportunity to play formal, friendly, yet competitive games in-between their tournament schedules, with a postseason bracket and Nationals bid to the winner. We want to get enough teams in the western suburbs/Fox Valley area so we can play between 20-30 games, while limiting weeknight travel time.
At the coaches meeting the specifics of the league will be discussed. We would like to start games in early April and wrap up the regular season by the 3rd week of June. Playoffs will be done by July 10. Elements of the league include:
• USSSA sanctioning and USSSA rules to govern league play.
• Posted league scores and standings using Quickscores.com/foxleague.
• Postseason bracket with Semi-final playoff and Championship games at a local college field
• Two USSSA patched umpires for Semi-finals and Championship
• USSSA points earned per game all season
• USSSA bid to Great Lakes Nationals July 17-21
• 3 USSSA All Star Game nominations per team; nominated players can join USSSA All Star Game during Nationals
• Home teams provide field, game balls and patched umpires.
• League fees of $100 per team.
If you are a coach or manager that is interested in having your team join the league, please attend the Coaches meeting to get more details.
Don't forget your soup/ramen donation for the Batavia Interfaith Food Pantry. Recent weather has depleted this simple, warm staple for local families, and ready-to-eat soup (like Progresso) or Ramen Noodles are in short supply on pantry shelves. Just because this is the inaugural season doesn't mean we can't make an impact on the community!
For any immediate questions please e-mail email@example.com